Being a Volunteer with Mama Lana’s Community Foundation brings great rewards and satisfaction knowing that everything we do, is making a difference to our homeless and disadvantaged community.
There are many ways that you as a Volunteer can assist Mama Lana’s Community Foundation. Volunteers know that their actions, no matter how small are helping to make a difference in our local homeless and disadvantaged community. Our foundation needs Volunteers for many different tasks and there is always something you can do to help. Have a look below at how you can become a volunteer with the MLCF team.
What would you like to do for MLCF?
Volunteering with MLCF can take on many forms and volunteering can be as frequent or infrequent (eg. just assisting with our Christmas or New Years functions) as suits the individual. We like to get to know our volunteers interests and strengths and utilise these where possible. Some of our key volunteering tasks include:
- Serving our patrons during meal service
- Assisting with cooking on some evenings
- Sorting and packing toiletries and snack packs
- Delivering emergency hampers as needed
- Helping with pick up/drop offs of furniture etc.
- Washing and sorting donated clothes ready for distribution
- Shopping for emergency packs and nightly dinners
- Assisting with the library
- Supporting fundraising efforts e.g. Fundraising bbqs or events
- Donation drives – you could place one of our Donation Drive boxes at your work, school, gym, church or local sporting club
- Fundraising – you could fundraise for us, by running an event and pledging the profits to Mama Lana’s Community Foundation. Why not have a Garage Sale or a local Trivia Night and donate the funds raised to MLCF?
- Simply follow us on Facebook, talk about the issues our homeless and disadvantaged or at-risk community faces daily, or even come down and enjoy a Sausage Sanger at one of our many fundraising BBQs
Most of these roles can be done in your own time. There are so many possibilities to assist in keeping Mama Lana’s moving forward and helping as many people as we can.
Interested in a one-off trial?
CLICK HERE to complete our Temporary Volunteer form and contact our Volunteer Coordinator to let us know which night you would like to attend meal service. Mama Lana’s meal services run every night of the week except Sunday from 8pm at Penrith.
How to join our Volunteer Team
Personal Information Form
All volunteers need to complete a Personal Information form so that we have current contact details, emergency contact details and can gain an understanding of your volunteering preferences and any other skills and knowledge you can bring to the team. CLICK HERE to complete the form online (or a hard copy can be provided upon request).
Working with Children Check
In the interest of our patron’s safety, volunteers intending to assist at meal services for MLCF are required to complete a Working with Children check. The check is free for volunteers. CLICK HERE to apply for a Working with Children Check.
National Police Certificate (Criminal Record Check)
The National Police Certificate (Criminal Record Check) is required for all MLCF volunteers and costs approximately $50. The criminal record check is obtained from the Criminal Records Section of the NSW Police Force and must be provided to our volunteer coordinators prior to commencing volunteer work with MLCF.
To apply for a National Police Certificate, please CLICK HERE to complete the application form online. Once the form is complete, print and present in person with identification and payment at your nearest NSW Police Station within 30 days.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator to submit your checks, finalise volunteer documentation requirements and lets get you started!
We are so thankful for our beautiful volunteers who give their time and energy freely, make new friends, and most importantly, assist our vulnerable community in so many ways. Thank you all!